Deploy Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) using Ansible
A while ago, I created an Ansible playbook to deploy and configure Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS). I included some of the tools we are using ourselves in Kubernetes, both for internal usage but also to make it easier for the community to get started.
You can find the playbook here: ansible-deploy-aks
From the beginning, we included the following:
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- DNS Zone for automatic management from Kubernetes
- Azure Container Registry (which is also configured inside of Kubernetes)
- Istio (service mesh, using BanzaiClouds istio-operator)
- cert-manager (to create Let’s Encrypt certificates)
- external-dns (to configure the DNS Zone in Azure based on ingress configuration in Kubernetes)
- goldpinger (small tool to verify connectivity between nodes in Kuberentes)
- Velero (previously Ark, used to backup Kuberentes to a storage account in Azure)
- kubedb (easy way to deploy databases in Kubernetes, like mongodb, redis and postgresql)
- datadog agent (to send logs and traces to datadog)
Feel free to try it out and happy hacking!
Leave a comment either here or on GitHub if you have any questions or issues.