How to install Citrix Workspace on Ubuntu
A lot of companies today offer a service called Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), that means that you can run company applications on your private devices. I would like to try that myself for a day, so what I did was to not touch my company computer but to bring my private computer with me that has Ubuntu 19.04 on it. The regular stuff like mailing and such was pretty straight forward, but when I tried to install Citrix Workspace I started to notice some issues. Therefore will this post will be about how to install Citrix Workspace version 1903 on a Ubuntu with 19.04 on it.
- The first thing I did was to download the Citrix Workspace application:
Debian Packages – Full Packages – Citrix Workspace app for Linux (x86_64)
- Now you need to download the required dependencies on your own, this is because some of the used dependencies are only used in older versions of Ubuntu and Citrix hasn’t updated their application yet since they often keep their application in line with Ubuntu’s LTSR-editions.
libwebkit-1.0-2 1.2.0-1 (It’s not always you need this, but if you do here is the link)
- Now its time to install our dependencies in the same order as you downloaded them. If we assume that all your downloaded files is in the Downloaded-folder then the commands will be as follows in the Terminal on your computer:
It should look similar to this when you install the Dependencies without a problem.
If you get an error at this step try to install the Dependencies in a different order or try to see in your error message if you miss any further dependencies.
- Now it’s time to install the Workspace application.
12# Install Citrix Workspace. At this step we assume that you still are located in the Download-folder inside your Terminal.sudo dpkg -i icaclient_22.214.171.124_amd64.deb
If you get an error message at this point it’s probably because you’re missing any Dependencies, try to read the error message and see what it says.
- Once the application is installed it’s time to configure Workspace so you can connect to your workplace.
If you still experience any issues feel free to comment down below and I’ll try to help you out.
You can find my LinkedIn here for any personal questions: https://se.linkedin.com/in/sebastianstegrin