Missing Teams Add-In for Microsoft Outlook
Earlier this year we received a new customer where they wanted to migrate every user to a new O365-environment.
After this I received multiple tickets from users who’s Teams Add-in did not show up In their Outlook application.
After countless of tries mixing different settings, new profiles and searching high and low on the interweb, I still couldn’t get the add-in to show.
I then stumbled across a regedit command line that solved this temporary(until Teams receives a new update).
- Open Run and type In the following command line in the search box:
1regsvr32.exe /n /i:user %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\TeamsMeetingAddin\1.0.20031.2\x64\Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll
Note that the version number(1.0.20031.2) may vary and you may have the change this depending on the version you’re running.
- Restart your computer.
- Open up your Outlook and head over to File > Options > Add-ins and press Go…
- Verify that you can see the Teams Add-in for Microsoft Office and that the box Is checked and press OK.
- You might have to restart your Outlook for this to take effect.
- The Add-in should now be installed and the Teams icon should now appear In your Outlook client.
As mentioned above, this Is a temporary solution until the application Is updated. For the best usage, always keep your Teams client up-to-date.
To read more about Microsoft Teams. visit their page: https://teams.microsoft.com/
Hopefully this will save you some time looking for other solutions and make the Add-In work as intended!